Hi there! This is the official page for our Tour de Fleece [TdF] team of 2019, Team Nevermore – you can find a team roster, links to all the important posts, and the prizes all listed here. I’ll also post up the “rules” such as they are, and some images for you to steal and use in your TdF posts and around the net!
BIG thanks to StarAthena, who started this whole thing in 2006, for giving us permission to do our own thing and use her graphics. She’s the bomb and super smart for thinking this up in the first place!
This year, the Tour de Fleece starts on Saturday July 6 and runs until Sunday July 28th, 2019.
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
* Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 6th through Sunday July 28th. Days of rest: Tuesday July 16th and Monday July 22rd. (Just like the actual tour.)
* Spin something challenging on the challenge days (usually the toughest high mountain stage: this year, the first one is Stage 12, on Thursday July 18, when, Following the start in Toulouse the route travels flat to rolling roads for more than 120 kilometres before the first mountain appears. The Col de Peyresourde (15.2 kilometres at 6.1%) is crested at kilometre 138 and the riders plunge down to the valley. Up next is La Hourquette d’Ancizan, which is a 9.9 kilometres climb at 7.5%. The second is stage 19, on Friday, July 26th, when the riders leave for Tignes on a short yet demanding route. Basically, the road goes up once the flag is dropped – not dramatically, but stoically. On rolling and constantly sloping terrain the riders reach Montée d’Aussois after almost 40 kilometres and following a short drop it continues like before. The route moves through Lanslebourg-Mont-Cenis and tackles the Col d’Iseran, a climb of 32.9 kilometres with an average gradient of 4.2%. Sure, the sheer distance is a killer, but even more so are the last 3 kilometres with double digit ramps.
* Wear yellow on Sunday July 28th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour – but here we are all ‘race leaders’)
* Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter – think FAST), Polka-dot (climber – as in uphill), and white (rookie)
And most importantly: challenge yourself, but HAVE FUN. That’s what this is ALL about! I plan to share as many pics and posts about my progress as possible, both to keep myself accountable and to encourage others. Your blog posts will also get linked here if you share them with me!
You get to choose your own challenges. I will post mine in a blog post and in the Facebook group and keep them updated, and I may highlight some of the other team members on my blog as well if they like. As a team we will have some fun group challenges, as well – with chances for prizes!
All posts about the Tour de Fleece can be found with the “tour de fleece” tag on this blog:
The original announcement page this year where folks pledged to join in:
Everything is happening in our Facebook group, Nevermore Forevermore:
This is a closed Facebook group, but you can easily join by putting in a request; you may also pledge to ride along with us by posting a reply to this page and I will add you!
- Team Captain: Christiane Knight of Three Ravens Studio
- Robyn Story
- Lindsay Henricks
- Amy Kloster
- Mary Fleming
- Sandy Kunath
- Heater Otto
- Wendi Williams
- Adele Michelsen
- Monica Whipple
- Bonnie Stokes
- Ali Ritter
- Monica Marlowe
- Marilyn Phillippi
- Jess Broadway
- Saundra Benjamin Keiffer
- Rose East
- Hilori Faith
- Susan Sydor WildWind
- Kirstan Gryphon
- Mandy Poje
- Jinny McKenzie
- Elysa Darling
- Patricia Baker
- Kyndyl Greyland
- Tina Glenn
- Leslie Peterson
- Frau Cornell-Cash
- Jama Lea
- Cindy Beal Yeager
- Alice Scholze
- Jan Adams
- Emily Wohlscheid
- Stephanie Mcguckin
- Megan Simpson
- Charlotte Masi
- Elizabeth Porter
- Alyssa Floyd
- Adrienne Munn
- Charlene Tyger
- Leslie Tepper Alexander
- Stephanie Brown
- Rose Duke
- Melissa Medford
- Heather Bair
- Jenny Martin
- Victoria Van Houten Sheehan
- Melissa Yoder Ricks
- Scarlet St. James
- Zoe Valette
- Ardis Lunn
- Sarah Cross
- Kristin Moran
- Sara Tweedie
- Sari Holt
- Bonnie Schellhas
- Emily Fowler Eller
- Crys Wallace
- Sarah Campbell
- Tami Selph
Three Ravens Studio is offering a choice of batt in any of the four official colorways for the Team Nevermore 2019 TdF!
Three Ravens Studio’s official colorways:
Mirla Fiber Arts outdid herself with this Labrodorite and Copper Electroformed Orifice Hook. It is EXQUISITE. You can only win it through spinning on our team!
Kitty Mine Crafts sent another AMAZING colorway for us this year! She says: “This is my exclusive Banana Smoothie Fiber blend, with superfine merino, milk silk and banana fiber. It’s a cooler fiber blend for the warmer months, so soft and easy to spin. The colorway is one of a kind.”
Sarah Cross has been kind enough to offer 100g of mixed fiber in batt form to a lucky winner – in their choice of colors!
Sandy Kunath/notjustyarns has gathered the most stunning collection of hand dyed locks to send to a TdF winner! It’s a combo of BFL, Mohair, and Leicester Longwool, and she says that the actual colors are a bit darker, as she used a flash to show off the curls properly.
Broadway Creations is sending one lucky winner a beautiful 8 oz braid of hand dyed Merino Wool – look at this gorgeous colorway!
Wonderland Fiber has donated some stunning rolags – 3.5 oz of 75/25 Superwash Merino/Nylon. These will spin like a dream!
Marilyn Phillippi has created the most gorgeous and delightful handmade bag as a prize! Hand stitched, precious fabrics were combined together in a Boro style to create an organic masterpiece.
Rose Duke is offering a generous prize of a gorgeous batt from her stash by DreamComeTrue Farms. Pics to come!
The Golden Threads/Ali Ritter will be offering something new and special – a blend of Guanaco and silk – and someone will have a chance to try it first! Pics to come!
Seamrog Knits and Yarns/Alice Scholz will once again be offering an Irish Surprise Package! Trust me when I tell you that last year’s winner of this was NOT disappointed.
Pat Baker will create a lovely machine embroidered apron for one lucky team member! It will feature a team logo designed by her!
Elizabeth Porter/Hobbledehoy has kindle offered a prize! Details forthcoming but she’s retired from the fiber biz so anything she’s offering is going to be highly prized.
Large Team Nevermore image: https://www.threeravens.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/nftdf2019.jpg
Tour de Fleece yellow image [credit goes to StarAthena]: http://i2.wp.com/www.threeravens.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LeTourdeFleece.jpg
PERTINENT BLOG POSTS
ALL posts pertaining to Tour de Fleece: https://www.threeravens.net/tag/tour-de-fleece/