Hi there! This is the official page for our Tour de Fleece [TdF] team of 2013, Team Nevermore – you can find a team roster, links to all the important posts, and the prizes all listed here. I’ll also post up the “rules” such as they are, and some images for you to steal and use in your TdF posts and around the net!
BIG thanks to StarAthena, who started this whole thing in 2006, for giving us permission to do our own thing and use her graphics. She’s the bomb and super smart for thinking this up in the first place!
This year, the Tour de Fleece starts Saturday June 29 and runs until Sunday July 21nd, 2013.
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
* Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday June 29th through Sunday July 21st. Days of rest: Monday July 8th and Monday July 15th. (Just like the actual tour.)
* Spin something challenging on the challenge day (usually the toughest high mountain stage: this year, it’s Stage 18, on Thursday, July 18th, when they climb Alpe d’Huez twice.
* Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity.
* Wear yellow on Sunday July 21st to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour – but here we are all ‘race leaders’)
* Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter – think FAST), Polka-dot (climber – as in uphill), and white (rookie)
And most importantly: challenge yourself, but HAVE FUN. That’s what this is ALL about! I plan to share as many pics and posts about my progress as possible, both to keep myself accountable and to encourage others. Your blog posts will also get linked here if you share them with me!
All posts about the Tour de Fleece can be found with the “tour de fleece” tag on this blog:
The original announcement page where folks pledged to join in:
On Facebook, you can play along on the event page:
- Wae of Tempting Ewe Yarns
- Rebecca of Not So Shabby Chic
- Heather of knitsbyheather
- Elinor H
- Crystal of Star and Crossbones
- LeAndra of Created by ElsieB
- Stephanie B of Halaylah
- Wendi, Fibre and Wonder
- Kristin of DreamSpun Fiber
- Lindsay H
- Chrissy of The Pink Woobie
- Ashley T-M
- Stephanie M
- Lady Kae of Snallygaster fame
- Patti R
- Melanie B of EweWearEms
- Kelly of Felting Sunshine
- Lucy of PearHug Studio
- Monica of Craftwich
- Rachel of OnTheRound
- Ann of Twin Mommy Creations
- Shannon of The Spun Monkey
- Kymberli M
- Elysa of 222 Handspun
- Knitty Lizzy of California Custom Crafts
- Luna of Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needleworks
- Esther of Starfiber Studio
- Alina S of Fleeced [Alimar Designs]
- Dayna M of Madison Wool
- Stacy S of Lush Fibers
- Lis of A and N Accessories
- Megan L of Fluff du Jour
- Rhonda J of Spun Jewells Yarn and Fiber
- Vickie C of Hooked On Handmade
- Mayisha S-J of Zebisis Designs
- Ange Monti
- Adele M from Looliemom Fiber Arts
- Anna H of ThisGoodLife
- Denelle of MotherMoonPads
- Rose from Alpacaboose Farm
- Tania A
- Theresa of KnitsInPublic
- Linda of Rainbow Rapunzel
- Renee S
- Rebecca P of Sittin’ and Spinnin’
- Victoria M
- Maya of The Makings of a Maya
- George C of Heirloom Handknits
- Carrie P of Unraveled Designs
- Mary C [MadWoolers Division!]
- Sandy R [and the sheep!] of Homestead Wool
- Elizabeth S of Hobbledehoy Yarn + Fiber
- Nancy Pearl
- Carol K of Hidden Hill Farm Alpacas
- Daphne H of SixFingeredKitty Fiber Arts
- Leslie A [MadWoolers Division!]
- Pam B of Pam’s Fiber/Dream Come True Farm [also a MadWooler!]
- Adele F
- Candy Hargett of Calluna Farm Studios
- Yvonne of Reverie Farm
- Karla VM
- Kate W
- Sue G of Daisy Hill Farm
- Peggy B of Bohemian Gypsy Studio
- Jolene M
- Lelah O of FableFibers
- Corrine W
- Taneli C of Taneliearth Creations
- Rose D
- Julia M of Nest ‘n’ Home
- Beth of FiberWytch
- Renee F
- Mary of Camaj Fiber Arts
- Melissa of Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Deborah C of La Sirene et Le Corbeau
And your Team Captain, Christiane K of Threeravens Fiber Studio!
A Pastel Rainbow Spinner’s Pack from OnTheRound Yarn and Fiber
[see an example of what one can do here: http://www.ontheround.com/2013/06/handspun-self-striping-2-ply-yarn.html
EweWearEms is offering one 4oz hand dyed Merino braid of her choosing, and additionally a hand-dyed skein of her super-colorful sock yarn, which will be Winner’s Choice from any listed in her shop at the time. So awesome!
Hobbledehoy Yarn + Fibers has volunteered one of her amazing ArtBatts as a prize for this year’s TdF! It will be her choice of batt, but trust me, they’re all *amazing!*
222 Handspun is offering a fantastic Loose Fiber Pack as a prize – these are great for breaking a spinner out of the rut, or for adding interest to one’s carded preparations. These are some of my favorite mixed packs to spin right out of the bag!
Sittin’ n’ Spinnin’ has a great prize for the Team – a 4 oz braid of the Winner’s choice from her shop!
Heirloom Handknits is offering a Winner’s choice of a 4 oz dyed Merino braid, how lovely, or if the winner prefers, 4oz of custom rolags in the winner’s choice of colors!
Zebisis Design is generously offering a $50 gift certificate to her shop of luxury lovelies!
Pams Fiber Creations has offered a natural Romney Batt with various hand dyed locks, silk and angelina. Included is a small handspun sample skein of how the batt will spin up. She also included a copy of her “Itty Bitty” book of “The Year In The Life Of A Spinner” – a small book filled with projects created by Pam, very inspirational!
A beautiful handmade Shawl Pin from Star & Crossbones – http://www.starncrossbones.com/!
SO many things from Lush Fibers – http://www.lushfiberfarm.com/! The motherlode: 4 oz pack of alpaca roving, 6 oz pack of alpaca roving, 1oz dyed bamboo, lavender sachets, three packs of dyed mohair locks, stitch markers, beads, drop spindle kit (book & spindle), 5 oz dyed bamboo. All amazing.
A beautiful handspun yarn from Blueball Mountain Spindles and Needleworks – https://www.facebook.com/BlueballMountainSpindleandNeedleworks
Glorious fiber batts from Babester Arts – https://www.facebook.com/BabesterArts [photo forthcoming]
TWO lovely fiber batts from Tempting Ewe Yarns – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tempting-Ewe-Yarns-Inc/131626400354138
Taneliearth is generously offering several items from his shop – a four oz braid of hand painted fiber or 2oz art batt; and a 2oz braid of hand painted Mulberry Silk. There’s also a special surprise challenge batt – inspiration and circumstances to win to be announced!
www.etsy.com/shop/Taneliearth [photos forthcoming]
A lovely hand-dyed braid of fiber for spinning will be coming from Created by ElsieB – https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreatedbyElsieB
TEAM COLOR fiber batts are on the way from Madison Wool – http://madisonwool.com/! What’s our team colors? Well, bright yellow and hot pink, of course.
Carrie of Unraveled Designs is offering up a vivid and colorful batt as a prize! https://www.facebook.com/UnraveledDesignsByCarrie?fref=ts
A batt chosen expressly for the winner from Megan of FluffduJour! https://www.etsy.com/shop/fluffdujour
Fiber batts have been generously offered by Spun Jewells Yarn and Fiber – http://www.facebook.com/spunjewells [photo forthcoming]
And even more prizes to come! AMAZING prizes await!
Large Team Nevermore image: http://i2.wp.com/www.threeravens.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tdf-2013.jpg
Tour de Fleece yellow image [credit goes to StarAthena]: http://i2.wp.com/www.threeravens.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LeTourdeFleece.jpg
PERTINENT BLOG POSTS
ALL posts pertaining to Tour de Fleece: https://www.threeravens.net/tag/tour-de-fleece/
Original announcement of team: https://www.threeravens.net/2013/05/25/tour-de-fleece-2013-with-team-nevermore-aka-threeravens-and-friends/
About prizes and where we state our individual goals: https://www.threeravens.net/2013/06/26/tdf-2013-how-does-this-all-work/
Posts from Team Members, and from other places about us:
…more posts will be added as they happen! This is the place where everything is gathered for posterity. 🙂